Bang & Olufsen are known for their ultra high-end speaker systems, and it looks like they will adding to their list an Apple Airplay speaker with the BeoLit 12, pictured above, which by all accounts does not appear to be of the same design and elegance that one might expect from Bang & Olufsen, but we will reserve our judgement when more photos emerge.
The BeoLit 12 has recently made its way through the FCC which seems to suggest that it might be making an appearance soon, hopefully in time for the holidays. In terms of specs, not much is known about the speaker, apart from the fact that it will support Apple’s Airplay functionality together with WiF, and feature both an Ethernet and USB port.
Non-iOS devices will be able to use the speakers as well, thanks to a 3.5mm jack, with the top of the BeoLit 12 acting as a “resting” area for your device together with its music controls. It will also come with a carrying strap which suggests that the BeoLit 12 has been built with portability in mind. No word on when the BeoLit 12 will be launched, but for those who might have been lucky enough to be invited to the Bang & Olufsen hi-fi ladies night in Glasgow, you gals will be able to lucky enough to give the BeoLit 12 a spin.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Follow: airplay, Apple Inc, Bang & Olufsen, speakers,
- Seen at: wirelessgoodness