The E-book business has been pretty competitive of late, and while Amazon has got dibs on some DC Comics, it looks like Barnes & Noble has got its own exclusives as well. The company announced its NOOK First program: books that will be available exclusively to NOOK readers for a limited period before they are made available elsewhere. This means that folks who want to read some books earlier will have to do it through NOOK.
To kick start the program, Barnes & Noble has selected books from four authors: Bella Andre, Taylor Marsh, Boy Mayer, and Elizabeth Kaye. The books will be on sale now with prices ranging from $2.99 to $5.99, with more to arrive in the coming months. How many of you will be picking up these books through NOOK First, or will you be waiting until they are available elsewhere? Find out more about NOOK First.
Next Story: Buy a Windows Phone, get $25 worth of apps
- 2014-03-13: Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26: Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10: Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09: Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11: NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2011-06-30: Barnes & Noble wants to help kick start your NOOK book collection
- 2011-06-01: Barnes & Noble NOOK The Simple Touch Reader now shipping
- 2011-05-17: Barnes & Noble sends out invitation for a special event next week
- 2010-10-26: Nook Color just announced
- 2010-10-27: Nook Color Preview