Amazon released the Kindle Fire ahead of schedule this week, and now it looks like Barnes & Noble will be following suit with the early push of its upcoming tablet as well. According to reports online, a Barnes & Noble spokesperson announced that customers who pre-ordered the Nook Tablet will receive it today, a day ahead of schedule. Some Barnes & Noble retail stores have also gotten their shipment of tablets to sell, with Engadget reporting a Nook Tablet being bought by a lucky customer yesterday.
The Nook Tablet is said to be going head to head against Amazon’s Kindle Fire which started shipping out earlier this week. However Barnes & Noble’s offering is going for an extra $50 (with slightly better specs) which might be a deal breaker for some people. Regardless, it’s going to be interesting to which tablet emerges as the winner in this battle of budget tablets.
Next Story: Sharp unveils 7" Galapagos tablet
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-22: NOOK Tablet downgraded and auto update blocked
- 2011-12-20: "Lite" Ubuntu runs on the NOOK Tablet
- 2011-11-21: NOOK Tablet gets the teardown treatment
- 2011-08-23: Barnes & Noble expands Newsstand selection with NOOK Color update
- 2011-03-21: Microsoft sues Barnes & Noble for patent infringement