I guess it is always to have China overtake the US in terms of having the largest market share of smartphones in the world compared to having the biggest economy, right? Although analysts do mention that such a scenario will definitely unfold in due time, but at least it is a decade away or more, so we’ll deal with that situation when it arrives. Right now, for those who love all things about statistics, your ears would tingle upon hearing that China is officially the country with the most smartphones worldwide, which makes perfect sense actually as their economy continues to boom, and having more than a billion people living in your country does help contribute to the final count as well.
I am quite sure that iPhone owners do contribute their fair share of numbers to the overall total, but it would most probably be Android-powered devices that take the cake in terms of sheer crowd strength where smartphones are concerned, as there are so many hardware manufacturers that deliver Android phones. Nokia at the moment maintained their lead, making up 28% of all quarterly shipments in that part of the world. [Press Release]
Next Story: Food projected on plates at restaurant
- 2014-04-21 China Government Sets Regulations For Game Consoles
- 2014-04-16 Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-08 China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2014-04-04 iPhone Demand In China Waning In Face Of Local Competition
- 2014-03-26 Octa-Core HTC Desire 616 Photo Revealed