I would have thought that companies other than Apple would have given up the portable media player fight already, considering how Apple’s lead in that department is set to remain unchallenged in the near, undefinite future – but that does not mean some players are about to throw in the towel. Korean-based Cowon, for example, has just announced that they will be shipping the Cowon iAudio 10 Stateside from today onwards.
Just in case the iAudio 10 looks very familiar to you, that is because this is more or less a hardware and design refresh of the S9, where it will sport a 3″ curved display at 400 x 240 resolution – I know, that is not much to play around with, but at least it is still something. Other rudimentary specifications include a microphone input, TV output, FM radio and a document viewer. No Android in sight this time around, as Cowon will use their very own operating system. You can choose from 16GB and 32GB models that will retail for $159.99 and $199.99, respectively. Interested?
Next Story: Korean government lifts game ban on App Store
- 2013-07-05: Cowon iAUDIO 9+ Portable Media Player
- 2013-03-31: Cowon D20 Offers 90 Hours Of Non-Stop Music
- 2012-08-19: Cowon X9 begins to ship
- 2012-07-16: Could the Cowon X9 be a super portable media player?
- 2012-02-07: Cowon unveils Z2 Plenue portable media player