It’s only been a week since DC Universe Online went free to play, but Sony Online Entertainment has reported that the DC comics-inspired MMORPG has already gained 1 million new players, with a 50/50 split between PC and PlayStation 3 gamers. DCUO joins the ranks of SOE’s other successful free to play games like Free Realms and Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures.
While the concept of free to play is already appealing to a lot of users, the fact that this free game is based on the already popular DC Comics universe probably turns it into something that’s too good for most people to pass up. With World of Warcraft losing subscribers on the other side of the spectrum, does it mean that the free to play model is going to be the future of MMOs? How many of you signed up for a DCUO account over the past week?RELATED
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- Peggle 2 Will Receive Duels Mode As Free DLC
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- Follow: dc, free-to-play, Sony, sony online entertainment,