Unholy unions seem to be the most interesting combinations – i.e. Android and Flash running on an iPhone, which we’ve covered before in the past. Well, a developer has decided to go the distance with his latest creation – by installing Mac OS X Lion on his Samsung Series 7 tablet. Considering the situation the two companies are in at the moment (trying to get each other’s products banned in different countries), it’s interesting to note that Mac OS X Lion can run on it without too many problems.
According to reports, Lion runs relatively smoothly, but at the moment it requires an external monitor to view anything though hopefully it won’t be a problem in the future. But other than the display, it looks like Lion runs pretty well on the tablet. With specs pretty close to the MacBook Air, it doesn’t sound like a bad idea – so if you’ve got a Series 7 and a spare monitor lying around the house, head over to the tonymacx86 forums for instructions.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-04-09: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review
- 2012-07-30: Samsung P10 tablet in the works, has 2,560 x 1,600 pixel 11.8-inch display?
- 2012-01-02: Samsung starts manufacturing 7" AMOLED displays, tablets on the way?
- 2011-12-23: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on the way