Sony Online Entertainment has had a lot of success with DC Universe Online going free to play, so it looks like they’ve decided to make another one of their popular MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role playing game) titles free as well. The game in question? EverQuest 2. Starting December 6th, anybody will be able to download EverQuest 2 and start playing for free.
Just like other games that went free to play recently, it’s going to work on a freemium model, with all the essential content available to all gamers for free. For additional benefits such as extra races, classes, character slots, spell tiers, bag slots, and more – users will have to fork out real money. Sounds fair enough – get new players hooked onto the game with free content so they’ll want to pay for additional features. Head over to the EverQuest 2 website for more details. How many of you currently play EverQuest 2, and for those of you who don’t, will you be giving it a try?
Next Story: Lenovo to roll out smart TV in 2012
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2013-04-12: Free-To-Play Ridge Racer Driftopia Headed To PS3, PC In 2013
- 2011-12-07: EverQuest 2 now free to play
- 2011-11-10: DC Universe Online gains 1 million new players in a week
- 2011-11-02: DC Universe Online now free to play
- 2011-09-19: DC Universe Online free to play in October