I don’t know about you, but a webcam is not going to be the next big device – instead, it is one computer accessory that has settled into the ranks of mediocrity, but somehow, companies still continue to churn it out from time to time. Genius is no exception, and their latest release, the FaceCam 3000 webcam is said to hit the US and Canada without breaking the bank. The name itself, the FaceCam 3000, ought to drop some hints in the process – where it will pack a 3-million pixel sensor as well as an accurate fixed focus lens that will deliver sharp and colorful high definition video for a gamut of applications which will include online communication, training, games, and video recording.
If you tend to chat a whole lot over instant messaging programs such as Skype, MSN, and Yahoo Messenger among others, then the FaceCam 3000 would be the ideal upgrade – if and only if you happen to use a relic from half a decade ago, never mind the fact that it is still working fine. Each purchase of the FaceCam 3000 will come with a headset and software to get you started right out of the box.
You won’t be able to shoot Full HD videos with this though as it maxes out at 720P HD resolution (1280 x 720).
- 2014-01-07: Arcsoft SimpliCam with Closeli Cloud Service
- 2014-01-05: Samsung SmartCam HD Outdoor WiFi Camera
- 2013-12-09: FBI Uses Your Webcams As Palantirs
- 2013-11-18: Lady Gaga Taps Into Her Inner Apple Genius In Saturday Night Live Sketch
- 2013-08-06: Webcam Broadcast From Warhol Grave Marks Artist’s Birthday
- 2013-05-02: Domino's Now Lets You See How They Make Your Pizza