Sometimes being the first in line doesn’t always pay off, as Alex Ioannu discovered much to his dismay. He was the first in line to get his hand on Samsung’s brand new Galaxy Nexus at the UK launch, but when he got home he discovered that this was not the device that he paid for as his device was loaded up with an older Android 4.0 developer ROM.
What this mean for Alex was that he was missing some account setup options, which meant that he was unable to sync his Gmail account with his brand new phone. Also based on the photo above, a bunch of developer options was presented to him, including the option to “Report a WTF condition”, a feature which we think he should have used.
Jokes aside, this resulted in Alex making another trip down to the store where he has successfully managed to exchange his device for a new one. So far it seems like an isolated incident, so for new Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners-to-be in the UK, you should not be encountering any such problems with your device…we hope.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy F Series Is In The Works: Eldar Murtazin
- Bluetooth 4.1 Features Revealed
- President Barack Obama Has No iPhone Due To “Security Reasons”
- Google Search Updated, Will Launch Apps From Search Results
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Follow: Android, Galaxy Nexus, ice cream sandwich 4.0, rom, Samsung, uk,
- Seen at: phandroid