First there was single core, followed by dual-core processors and now the ante has increased even more – with the presence of quad-core processors, of course. To borrow from the Spiderman adage, “with great power comes great responsibility” – so how will the responsibility of a tablet that sports a quad-core processor measure up? I guess you won’t really know until you pick one up for yourself and give it a go – I’m talking about Gamestop listing the Asus Transformer Prime’s release date as December 9th. Yes sir, that is slightly more than a week away, and surely by the time that date arrives, do expect to see your fair share of unboxing videos hitting YouTube and the like.
Hopefully Gamestop has their facts and dates right though, what with their December 9th listing for the Transformer Prime. Targeting a $539.98 price point, you might want to place your pre-order for the new “super tablet” already. Hopefully the developers out there will do their bit to actually maximize the processing power and potential of all four cores, otherwise it would just be another nicely listed down specification without any real use, somewhat like our appendix. Gamestop isn’t going to stop there though (pun not intended), where they will be including a bunch of free games to get you started such as Dead Space, Re-Load, Sonic CD, Monster Madness, Riptide GP and Cordy.
Update: read our complete review of the Transformer Prime
Next Story: Sony Tablet P now available in the UK
- 2012-10-03 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the ASUS Transformer Prime now available for download via ASUS' website
- 2012-09-27 Asus Transformer Pad Prime (TF201) receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, Transformer Pad Infinity update delayed
- 2012-06-14 ASUS Transformer Prime receives battery and performance boosting firmware update
- 2012-04-25 Asus Transformer Prime GPS dongles are here
- 2012-04-16 Asus External GPS Extension Kit for Transformer Prime announced