Apple has been rather relentless in their pursuit against their competitors in the smartphone business – Android. They have chased Samsung pretty much all over the world, and have handed out lawsuits to both HTC and Motorola as well. The good news for Android manufacturers is that Google’s Eric Schmidt has stepped forward and affirmed that Google will be lending their support to their partners who are, or who will be, embroiled in lawsuits.
“We tell our partners, including the ones here in Taiwan, we will support them. For example we have been supporting HTC in its dispute with Apple because we think that the Apple thing is not correct,”
This does not come as a surprise as Google has tossed HTC some patents their way in a legal battle against Apple, in hopes that said patents will lend HTC some credence and ammunition in their fight. With Apple showing no signs of slowing down in their lawsuits, manufacturers probably needed to hear this from Google themselves as a sign of reassurance that Google will have their back.
Next Story: PayPal for Android supports NFC now
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2012-06-07 Court dismisses Apple's suit against Motorola
- 2011-10-10 Google supports HTC in legal battles
- 2011-08-03 Google, A Patent Attack Victim. Really?
- 2011-07-19 Google to help HTC fight Apple
- 2010-03-03 Could HTC Be Forced To Remotely Cripple Smartphones?