PC Gamer writer and developer Tom Francis is developing a game called Gunpoint that he’s calling “a stealth game about rewiring things, punching people, and trying not to get shot”, and if you’re a fan of puzzles and retro-ish graphics, this might be a game worth checking out especially since it is expected to hit the Windows platform by the end of the year.
It’s basically a sidescroller that puts you in the shoes as a secret agent where you break into buildings to steal secrets/data/ and hack computers. You will have to avoid the guards by attempting to distract them through various means, and one such mean would be to “rewire” the circuits in the building, causing the guards to check out what’s going on, much like how you might distract the Phantom Guardians in the Zelda series.
If you’re interested in checking on the development progress of the game, head on down to Tom Francis’s website for more info. In the mean time you can check out the video below for a demonstration of the gameplay.RELATED
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Releasing March 18
- Donkey Kong Projected Onto A Wedding Cake Is Completely Playable
- Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Releasing Feb. 21 With Playable Cranky
- Telltale Games Announces 'Tales From The Borderlands' Episodic Game
- Follow: retro,
- Seen at: theverge