For those of you who are waiting for Halo 4, we’ve got some updates for you: Microsoft’s upcoming game in its successful Halo franchise will be available on the Xbox 360. On Saturday, 343 Industry’s Frank O’Conner (Halo franchise director) was quoted as saying on the NeoGAF forums: “Halo 4 will be on Xbox 360 and use a modified core of the Halo engine(s). Not really a singular engine since it goes through fairly radical evolutions all the time.”
While this means that you won’t have to fork out money on a new console just to play the Halo 4, it could also mean that the next two games in the trilogy will be on the 360 as well, which means that we won’t be seeing the next Xbox anytime (Xbox 720/ TEN/Loop?) soon. There’s also a possibility of Microsoft releasing the trilogy on the current Xbox and the next Xbox (like what the original Halo trilogy went through), or it could be released as a backwards compatible 360 game.
Regardless of what console the other games will be released on, it looks like the Xbox still has a year to go with the upcoming Halo title. Who’s excited?
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-10-29: Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One, Xbox 360 This December
- 2013-10-02: Halo 3 Is Free For Xbox 360 Gold Members On October 16
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-03-11: Halo 4 Castle Map Pack Adds 3 New Maps, 6v6 Playlist On April 8
- 2012-12-06: Halo Series Sells 50 Million Units Since 2001. New Game In Early Development