Last week HP announced its business-centric Windows 7-powered tablet, the HP Slate 2. In addition to announcing it, they also gave a sneak preview of what it would be like to buy it through an unboxing video. While the video shows a prototype version of the tablet (some features such as the protective case are missing), it’s basically what you’re going to get when you purchase the HP Slate 2.
There aren’t a whole lot of extras you get with the tablet, but the stand/dock is a nice touch, allowing you to prop your tablet up for when you’re working or watching movies. The tablet looks solidly built, and the presence of a stylus should get some people excited. Other specs of the tablet include: an 8.9″ 1024 x 600 display, an Intel Atom Z760 1.5GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, Windows 7 (32 bit), Optional 3G, WiFi, a USB 2.0 port, and a 30Whr battery.
The HP Slate 2 is expected to go on sale later this year with a price tag of $699. Check out the unboxing video:
Next Story: Ziiiro Celeste is one sweet looking watch
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2010-01-26: HP shows video of its slate
- 2010-03-19: HP Slate To Be Launched In Europe In June For â‚¬400?
- 2010-04-29: Rumor: HP Decides To Kill Its Windows 7 Slate Plans
- 2010-07-21: HP Windows 7 tablet still undergoing evaluation process
- 2010-08-19: HP webOS Tablet To Arrive In Early 2011