Speaking in an interview with Reuters, HTC’s CEO Peter Chou revealed that his company has plans to release a new tablet next year. While we can’t say that we did not expect it, Peter Chou’s insistence that his company’s new tablet will make it stand out from the sea of tablets does make us wonder at what sort of tablet HTC has in mind.
Many companies have tried to come up with tablets that will beat Apple’s iPad 2, which whether you like it or not, is currently the hottest selling tablet at the moment. The closest that any company has come to dethroning the iPad 2 would be Amazon, who coincidentally had stated earlier this year that they had plans for a new Android tablet that would differentiate itself from the rest of the competition.
The result was the Kindle Fire which looks different from the rest of the Android tablets, plus it came with an extremely attractive price tag of $199. Naturally Peter Chou did not let the cat out of the bag regarding HTC’s new tablet, stating that their aim is to avoid creating another “me-too” product.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-03-25: HTC BlinkFeed Available To All Android Users Soon
- 2014-03-25: AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2014-03-25: Diving deeper into the HTC One (M8)