We knew from a previous leak that HTC was going to release a device called “Quattro”. Obviously the big noise about it is that it should feature Tegra 3, NVIDIA’s new quad-core chip. Also, it will include Beats Audio, the technology that HTC has recently acquired at great expense.
Physically, the device will have a 10.1 display but we don’t yet know what LCD will be selected. We heard that the screen resolution will be 1280×768, a format that is slightly different form the usual 1280×800 that most Android tablets use.Given the launch time frame (Mobile World Congress 2012 – Feb27), it is almost certain that the HTC Quattro will use Android 4.0, aka Ice Cream Sandwich, or ICS. However, this is never a certainty, so stay tuned.
If you want more specs, here they are: 10.1″ (1280×768) display, Tegra 3 SoC, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage + microSD, 2MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera, possible optional Pen, Bluetooth 5GHz Wifi, and optional 3G. You’ve got to love the rumor mill.RELATED
- Mirror Android Display On Apple TV Using Mirror App
- GTA: San Andreas Android And Windows Phone Release Is Due Next Week
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Follow: HTC, tegra, Tegra 3,
- Seen at: pocketnow