We knew from a previous leak that HTC was going to release a device called “Quattro”. Obviously the big noise about it is that it should feature Tegra 3, NVIDIA’s new quad-core chip. Also, it will include Beats Audio, the technology that HTC has recently acquired at great expense.
Physically, the device will have a 10.1 display but we don’t yet know what LCD will be selected. We heard that the screen resolution will be 1280×768, a format that is slightly different form the usual 1280×800 that most Android tablets use.Given the launch time frame (Mobile World Congress 2012 – Feb27), it is almost certain that the HTC Quattro will use Android 4.0, aka Ice Cream Sandwich, or ICS. However, this is never a certainty, so stay tuned.
If you want more specs, here they are: 10.1″ (1280×768) display, Tegra 3 SoC, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage + microSD, 2MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera, possible optional Pen, Bluetooth 5GHz Wifi, and optional 3G. You’ve got to love the rumor mill.
Next Story: Motokey Launches in Canada Next week
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2012-12-27: NVIDIA TegraZone For Windows RT
- 2012-04-30: HTC One X quad-core vs. dual-core
- 2012-02-29: HTC One X won't have Tegra 3 on AT&T (updated)
- 2012-02-10: HTC Endeavour to be shown off at MWC 2012?
- 2011-11-21: HTC to focus on quad-core devices in 2012