After all the leaks we’ve been reporting on over the past few months, the HTC Rezound has now been officially launched. At the HTC event today, in NYC, HTC and Verizon announced the HTC Rezound – the only phone in the US with Beats Audio integration (at least for now). And judging by the press release it looks like all the previous information that was reported before was on the dot.
The HTC Rezound will feature a 4.3″ 720p HD display, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm MSM8660), Android 2.3 Gingerbread, an 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and dual LED flash, a 2-megapixel front facing camera, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot with 16GB pre-installed, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, and a 1,620mAh battery. Oh and of course – Beats Audio integration, Verizon 4G LTE, and 4G hotspot capability for up to 10 devices.
Verizon promises an upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012, so that should be an incentive for folks looking to pick up this device – though we know that even if HTC/Verizon don’t deliver, we can always rely on the developer community. The phone will go on sale November 14th for $299.99 with a 2-year contract. Anybody planning to pick up this phone then?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-11-07: HTC Rezound unboxed
- 2011-11-03: HTC Rezound Preview
- 2011-11-03: HTC Rezound official press shots leaked
- 2011-10-31: HTC Rezound spotted in Verizon ad
- 2011-10-19: HTC Rezound renders spotted