With about two days to go before HTC’s 3rd of November event, it seems that one person has managed to get their hands on a pre-production model of the HTC Rezound, and has uploaded an unboxing video to YouTube, which you can view below after the break. The HTC Rezound will be one of HTC’s Beats Audio integrated Android smartphones, and while it has yet to be officially announced, many are speculating that the event on the 3rd of November will be when HTC officially unveils the device for the world to see.
Interesting thing about the video is that while Verizon in-store ads have outed the name of the device as the HTC Rezound, the sticker on the box that the device came in referred to it as the HTC Vigor.
Upon opening the back cover, the internals reveal a translucent red plastic, along with a red colored battery, which the creator of the video said reminds him of the Droid Incredible handset, which seems to lend a bit of credibility to the rumors that suggest the device could be called the Incredible HD, although perhaps that name will be reserved for other markets.
The hardware specs based on the “About phone” seems to confirm that the device will sport a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4.3” 720p HD display, 8MP/2MP rear/front-facing camera and Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.4, along with HTC Sense 3.5. Either way we will wait for the 3rd of November for official confirmation.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2012-03-16: HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RC update leaks
- 2011-12-01: HTC Rezound reported to have sound issues
- 2011-11-07: HTC Rezound unboxed
- 2011-11-03: HTC Rezound Preview
- 2011-10-19: HTC Rezound renders spotted