Remember our earlier story on how you were able to unlock the hidden panorama feature in iOS 5, although to do so, your iPhone needed to be jailbroken before that? Well, how times have changed in just a couple of days or so – it seems that you no longer need to jailbreak your iOS device to take advantage of the hidden panorama feature. All you need to do is to have an iTunes backup, alongside a program known as iBackupBot. Basically, iBackupBot will enable you to open your device’s backup, allowing you to look up a preference file which requires an “EnableFirebreak” value to be changed from “false” to “true.” The moment you have done so, just perform a quick restore and you’re good to go, without having to pick up one of the newer Sony Ericsson smartphones which come with a built-in panorama mode already in their camera application.
Incidentally, the iBackupBot app is also required to let you unleash the secret auto-correct keyboard in iOS 5. Just how many more Easter Eggs do you think Apple has hidden from the masses in iOS 5?
Next Story: Windows Phone Market Place gets encryption
- 2012-09-20 Google says iOS Google Maps in App Store hopefully "before Christmas"
- 2012-02-15 Siri does Japanese language now?
- 2012-01-18 Whited00r installs iOS 5 on original iPhone, 3G, and iPod touch without jailbreak
- 2012-01-17 iOS 5.1 Beta 3 code makes references to iPad 3 and Facebook
- 2011-12-27 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released
- 2011-11-09 iOS 5 gets auto-correct keyboard bar as well
- 2011-11-03 Microsoft picks up 100k users each day thanks to iOS 5
- 2011-11-02 iOS 5 bugs affecting battery life, fix coming (Apple)
- 2011-10-17 Google Voice removed from Apple App Store after iOS 5 crash
- 2011-10-12 iOS 5 Update Problems