No idea no how this happened, but it seemed as though an iPhone 4 decided to go all “Flame on!” ala Human Torch of Fantastic Four fame shortly after Regional Express flight ZL319 landed in Sydney all the way from Lismore. It seemed that the iPhone 4 in question started to emit a rather significant amount of dense smoke, not to mention a red glow. Ah well, better to have it happen when the plane has already landed, rather than to have it self-combust in a fit of rage while the owner is fast asleep, with the iPhone 4 in his pants pocket. Now that would have been a real disaster with the family jewels being threatened at the same time.
Thankfully, the red glow was extinguished successfully, and there was no report of any serious injury or harm. Of course, the offending smartphone has already been sent over to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau for further analysis. It seemed that mild reception issues plagued the handset before it finally gave up the ghost, so to speak. Perhaps it has had enough of shoddy in-flight movies that it wants the owner to download some quality stuff from iTunes instead?
Next Story: Quilted Plattan from Urbanears
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2012-08-22: iPhone 4, I choose you!
- 2011-12-28: Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-12-22: iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak demonstrated on video
- 2011-11-25: Lady Gaga iPhone cases are funky
- 2011-11-25: iPhone 4 is made in Brazil now