Remember the Made in Brazil iPhone 4 that we spotted last week? Well, it seems that this part of the world is crazy for Apple’s “best iPhone yet” as well, considering how the iPhone 4S has been priced like a boss – on the same level as that of a MacBook Pro, in fact. We are talking about a $1,900 plus price point, all for 16GB of internal storage. Heaven knows just how much the 64GB model will cost! While the 8GB iPhone 4 already started showing up on Brazilian shelves from yesterday onwards, it proved to be far more expensive compared to other parts of the world, so the same logic dictates that the iPhone 4S, too, is priced out of reach for most folks living in that part of the world – let alone anywhere else.
Perhaps this price point is an isolated case, since other major Brazil phone operators did confirm that they will be making available this particular model in due time, as the handset has yet to be launched officially. Hopefully with more carriers delivering the iPhone 4S option, the high price will also drop to a more down-to-earth level.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2011-10-26: iPhone 4S crushes competition in Japan
- 2011-10-17: iPhone 4S hits more than four million in weekend sales
- 2011-10-11: Early iPhone 4S benchmarks
- 2011-10-04: iPhone 4S name dropped in iTunes beta
- 2011-10-03: iPhone 4S (N90A) for real?