Remember the OnBeat iPad speaker dock from JBL that was released earlier this year? Well, it looks like JBL has decided to release a sequel to the funky looking speaker dock. This time around it’s called the OnBeat Xtreme and features a significant update: A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth profile support for interference-free operating and higher-quality AAC codec for superior audio streaming. This opens up the OnBeat Xtreme to a whole new world of audio streaming, since it means you won’t have to be bound by wires when playing audio through the speaker dock.
The Xtreme can also be used for hands-free calling with its built-in microphone that features enhanced sound through digital sound processing (DSP) and echo cancellation. The OnBeat Xtreme packs dual Atlas bass drivers and Ridge tweeters optimized by DSP equalization to play you sweet sounding audio be it for listening to music, watching movies or playing your favorite games. The speaker dock can also be controlled via the OnBeat Xtreme app that’s available on the Apple App Store. Edit playlists, EQ settings, set your alarm and sleep timer for the speakers all from your iPhone.
The JBL OnBeat Xtreme is available now with an MSRP of $599.00. Check out a video demonstration:RELATED
- Radio Buttons Found On Jailbroken iPad Corroborates iTunes Streaming Service Rumor
- ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad
- This music box prototype lets you crank out tunes on your iPad by hand
- Spotify for iOS updated with radio streaming feature for both free and premium users
- The AmpliTube Slash is endorsed by Slash with his own pedals and amplifier effects
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, iPad, ipad 2, jbl, speaker dock,