Remember the OnBeat iPad speaker dock from JBL that was released earlier this year? Well, it looks like JBL has decided to release a sequel to the funky looking speaker dock. This time around it’s called the OnBeat Xtreme and features a significant update: A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth profile support for interference-free operating and higher-quality AAC codec for superior audio streaming. This opens up the OnBeat Xtreme to a whole new world of audio streaming, since it means you won’t have to be bound by wires when playing audio through the speaker dock.
The Xtreme can also be used for hands-free calling with its built-in microphone that features enhanced sound through digital sound processing (DSP) and echo cancellation. The OnBeat Xtreme packs dual Atlas bass drivers and Ridge tweeters optimized by DSP equalization to play you sweet sounding audio be it for listening to music, watching movies or playing your favorite games. The speaker dock can also be controlled via the OnBeat Xtreme app that’s available on the Apple App Store. Edit playlists, EQ settings, set your alarm and sleep timer for the speakers all from your iPhone.
The JBL OnBeat Xtreme is available now with an MSRP of $599.00. Check out a video demonstration:
Next Story: ICQ coming to Windows Phone platform
- 2013-04-10 FS1 Air Speaker Dock Announced
- 2012-11-20 Ferrari Logic3 Scuderia FS1 Bluetooth Speaker Dock
- 2012-03-28 Samsung DA-E750 Audio Dock priced
- 2012-02-01 iBamboo Urban is made from recycled plastic
- 2012-01-19 iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2012-01-09 SOLO Zikmu Parrot, Designed by Philippe Starck
- 2011-11-08 JBL OnBeat Air now available
- 2011-11-03 Apple rumored to release two iPad tablets next year
- 2011-08-03 Rage HD optimized for the iPad 2
- 2011-08-03 Griffin IntelliCase for iPad 2 now available