Travelers who fly Australia’s low-cost airline Jetstar will now be able to enjoy the iPad as an inflight entertainment option. This new feature is being rolled out on the 9th of November and will be available on flights that go for longer than two hours. Travelers will be able to rent the iPad at $10, while long haul travelers will have to pay $12-$15.
Unfortunately there will not be an iPad available for every single traveler, as the smaller aircrafts will be getting anywhere between 24-30 iPads, while the larger planes will be getting 160 iPads. The iPads will be loaded up with a range of entertainment options, such as movies from Hollywood, Australia and Japan and will be updated every month.
For those who prefer to skip on the movies and go straight to the games, a partnership with Gameloft will see 11 games being offered on the iPad as well. These include Real Football, Ashphalt 5, Shrek 4, Uno, Shrek Kart, GT Racing, Brain Challenge, Blokus, Real Tennis, Let’s Golf 2 and The Settlers. It looks like flying budget may prove to be a rather fun experience after all.
- 2014-04-24 Two Thirds Of iPad Users Are New To The Device
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2013-02-12 Apple Maps Blamed for Poor Bushfire Response in Australia