Travelers who fly Australia’s low-cost airline Jetstar will now be able to enjoy the iPad as an inflight entertainment option. This new feature is being rolled out on the 9th of November and will be available on flights that go for longer than two hours. Travelers will be able to rent the iPad at $10, while long haul travelers will have to pay $12-$15.
Unfortunately there will not be an iPad available for every single traveler, as the smaller aircrafts will be getting anywhere between 24-30 iPads, while the larger planes will be getting 160 iPads. The iPads will be loaded up with a range of entertainment options, such as movies from Hollywood, Australia and Japan and will be updated every month.
For those who prefer to skip on the movies and go straight to the games, a partnership with Gameloft will see 11 games being offered on the iPad as well. These include Real Football, Ashphalt 5, Shrek 4, Uno, Shrek Kart, GT Racing, Brain Challenge, Blokus, Real Tennis, Let’s Golf 2 and The Settlers. It looks like flying budget may prove to be a rather fun experience after all.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-02-12: Apple Maps Blamed for Poor Bushfire Response in Australia