We all know that Microsoft will be releasing a new Kinect for Windows computers next year, and now it looks like the company has got another Kinect in the works as well. According to Eurogamer’s sources, the Kinect 2 is rumored to be bundled with future Xbox consoles, and will be a major improvement over the current Kinect. The Kinect 2 is said to offer improved motion sensing and voice recognition – which sounds like natural progression for a device of such nature, but here’s where it gets even more interesting.
“One development source told Eurogamer that Kinect 2 will be so powerful it will enable games to lip read, detect when players are angry, and determine in which direction they are facing.
Kinect 2 can track the pitch and volume of player voices and facial characteristics to measure different emotional states.”
If the rumors turn out to be true, it sure looks like we’re in for some pretty interesting games in the future. Kinect Poker, here we come!
Next Story: BlackBerry PlayBook rooted
- 2014-04-02 New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27 Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03 Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27 NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2013-12-19 Microsoft Assigns Wearable Windows Devices To A 'Father Of Kinect'
- 2013-11-26 Xbox One's Kinect Voice And Gesture Cheat Sheet Released