The LG Revolution smartphone featuring VMware Horizon Mobile has been named as an International 2012 CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree. VMware Horizon Mobile enables what LG calls “dual personas” on a single mobile device. Basically it allows people to have two totally separate profiles on the same smartphone, one for work and one for personal use.
On the picture you can see how you can switch from one environment to the other just by clicking on an icon (Work Phone icon). It is interesting to note that VMware and Verizon Wireless have recently announced their strategic partnership to VMware and Verizon Wireless.
With the rise of the BYOD trend (Bring Your Own Device), we have recently seen similar solutions appearing on the market, such as the Enterproid Divide application awarded at DEMO 2011. According to LG, the VMWare Horizon Mobile offers better security capabilities because the technology is deeply integrated at the OS level, and Enterproid Divide is not integrated at the OS level.
For more information, visit LG Enterprise Mobility Solutions at http://enterprisesolutions.lgmobile.com:6010/main.htmRELATED
- Samsung Argues That Without High Subsidies, Their Global Business Would Suffer
- Low-end Nokia Lumia Device With 4.5-inch Display Sighted
- Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- Samsung Apparently Tried To Cover Up An Incident Of Galaxy S4 Catching Fire
- Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- Follow: enterprise, LG, mobile phone, smartphone,