Back in May, Microsoft announced that Xbox users will be able to access Verizon FiOS TV content on their gaming consoles. Now it looks like the service will be arriving very soon. Verizon has officially announced that Xbox LIVE Gold members who subscribe to both FiOS TV and Internet service will be able to view select live channels through their Xbox consoles. No additional hardware will be required – all they need to do is download an app on their Xbox consoles to access the service.
The app will become available for download next month and can start streaming rightaway. No word on when exactly the app will be released in December, but Verizon has announced new offers to go along with the launch. New customers who sign up for FiOS TV can take advantage of a special offer that includes FiOS TV, FiOS 35/35 Mbps Internet service and Verizon Voice service starting at $89.99/month. The service also includes a free 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership and the “Xbox Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” game. The offer will be available until January 21st 2012.
Anybody planning to pick up an Xbox 360 or get a FiOS/Xbox LIVE Gold subscription just to take advantage of this service?
Next Story: SkyDrive to receive major updates today
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2013-10-03: Xbox Live Gold Goes Free This Weekend
- 2013-09-16: Rainbow Six: Vegas Available For Free Through Xbox Live 'Game With Gold'
- 2013-07-12: Xbox Live Rewards Will Transition From Microsoft Points On September 1
- 2013-06-28: Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Will Offer Deep Discounts Next Week
- 2011-10-05: Microsoft Xbox Live TV and dashboard update officially announced