Great news for fans of digital Marvel Comics – if you’re tired having to wait for digital versions of your favorite superheroes, you’re in luck. According to Gizmodo which managed to get the exclusive news; by the end of March 2012, you’ll be able to get all your digital Marvel Comics on the same day they hit the newsstands. This comes as great news for fans that previously had to wait weeks, and sometimes even months just so they can catch up on their favorite superheroes on their tablets and phones. However this move will only cover all of Marvel’s comics – not third-party licensed works i.e. Stephen King’s Dark Tower and its mature MAX titles.
It looks like Marvel is finally playing catch up to its biggest rival, DC Comics, who made the move to release digital and print on the same day earlier this year. While regular comic book stores are going to feel the pinch for having lost the advantage over digital comics, Marvel is trying out a program to make things better: by including a digital download code with each physical comic so that users still have a reason to buy them in person. Let’s just hope this won’t lead to the demise of the physical comic book industry – after all, nobody is going to pay thousands of dollars for a 60-year-old digital comic.
Next Story: eBay CEO Keynote at Open Mobile Summit
- 2013-04-08: Marvel Attempts To Give Away Over 700 Comics For Free Again
- 2013-03-11: Marvel Giving Away Over 700 Digital Comics In Next 36 Hours
- 2013-03-07: Marvel Unlimited Subscription-based Comic Book Service Comes To iOS
- 2012-03-12: Marvel Comics announces Marvel AR augmented reality app
- 2012-01-26: Avengers cologne: Smell good while you save the world