Sometimes the simplest solutions can be just as effective are more complicated ones, like in the case of en&is’ MegaPhone. This speaker dock for the iPhone amplifies the audio coming out of your iOS device without using any electricity. It’s built in a shape that’s similar to a gramophone, with a small opening for you to place your iPhone in (speakers facing downwards) – and that’s it. There’s no 30-pin connector for you to charge your device; but frankly, who needs electricity when you’ve got nature (science?) to get the job done?
While it’s not the first time we’ve seen a dock use natural acoustics to amplify sound, this is definitely one of the most stylish ways it’s been executed. The MegaPhone is made from ceramic and comes with a matching wood base. It is available now in black, white ($550 each) or gold plated ($820). Purchase the MegaPhone.
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-11-06: Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-06-13: Apple Considering iPhones With 4.7-Inch, 5.7-Inch Display [Rumor]
- 2013-04-15: Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S
- 2011-06-14: Sony Japan Announce Two New Speaker Docks For iPhone/iPod