The Meizu MX had a pretty colorful predecessor, where it was originally touted to be an iPhone killer. Well, the first Meizu came and went, and while it physically resembled an iPhone somewhat, it never came close to the iPhone’s commercial success in 2007 – far from it, actually. Fast forward by a few years, and you have the Meizu MX being prepared for a release, and no longer is it being bandied about as an iPhone 4S destroyer. No sir, this will be a standalone phone by itself, and hopefully, with its list of specifications, will be able to sway you over to its side.
It seems that the Meizu MX will be a 16GB model with a dual-core processor, although there are also whispers of the 32GB model arriving with a quad-core processor inside. From what you can see in the heavily edited image above, the Android buttons have been modified from the earlier prototype models. For starters, there is no longer any home button available, where it was replaced with a translucent circular component. Expect the Meizu MX to arrive in China sometime next month for more than $500.
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2012-09-10: Meizu MX Review (Quad-core)
- 2011-12-05: Meizu MX unveiled
- 2011-08-15: Meizu MX revealed in more images
- 2011-08-10: Meizu MX quad-core smartphone set for September release
- 2011-06-01: Meizu MX ready to ship