Rewind the clock to more than a decade ago, and it would be pretty hard to imagine that Apple and Microsoft would ever find any common ground with one another. I guess time really does heal all wounds, and it is interesting to note that with easier Hotmail setup on iOS 5, Microsoft has already seen an uptick in terms of activations for the software giant, where nearly 100,000 new iOS 5 devices log in to the email service every day.
This number does not look set to diminish in the immediate future, and most of those iOS 5 devices are iPhones, where 40% rely on the iPhone 4 while 24% are on the iPhone 4S. As for the other 12%, they hail from the iPhone 3GS camp. Those who are not running on iOS 5 are still able to set up Hotmail, but they will need to jump through far more hoops in order to set up Microsoft Exchange.
Guess it is easier to install native Hotmail than Gmail on iOS5, no?RELATED
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Follow: hotmail, ios 5, ios5,
- Seen at: appleinsider