I don’t know about you, but when I heard of the name “Duqu virus”, the first thing that came to my mind was that of Count Dooku – could a Star Wars fan be behind the Duqu virus that exploited a previously unknown bug in the Windows operating system? It seems that security experts are already whispering among themselves, claiming that this could very well be the next big cyber threat looming upon the horizon.
Duqu started to surface in October when security software maker Symantec Corp claimed that they discovered a mysterious computer virus which had code which is very close to Stuxnet, a piece of malicious software that was believed to have wreaked havoc on Iran’s nuclear program. Both government and private investigators worldwide are working against time to unlock Duqu’s secrets, so that future public and private installations will not be compromised.
Next Story: LooxcieLive is coming your way
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2011-09-06: Windows ransomware poses as Microsoft