Although none of the social-phones optimized for social network usage has been a huge commercial success (yet), companies are pressing on and are trying different form-factor. The Motokey has been spotted several times in the past few weeks, but today’s news is that it is set to launch in Canada next week.
A closer look at the specifications reveal that this is not a phone for power users: it has a 320×240 display and the processor isn’t even worth mentioning. However, at 87g it is super-light and it is cheap too: $90 (Canadian, I assume). And of course – it has a Facebook button.
We really wonder how many of those are being sold. This could arguably be a good prepaid phone for someone who just wants to text/email, but we will have to see how the market will respond.RELATED
- BBM Shows Signs Of Popularity In India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines
- BlackBerry 10.2.1 Reportedly Launching In January 2014
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Follow: Facebook, Motorola, social, social networks,
- Seen at: mediacenter.motorola