Although none of the social-phones optimized for social network usage has been a huge commercial success (yet), companies are pressing on and are trying different form-factor. The Motokey has been spotted several times in the past few weeks, but today’s news is that it is set to launch in Canada next week.
A closer look at the specifications reveal that this is not a phone for power users: it has a 320×240 display and the processor isn’t even worth mentioning. However, at 87g it is super-light and it is cheap too: $90 (Canadian, I assume). And of course – it has a Facebook button.
We really wonder how many of those are being sold. This could arguably be a good prepaid phone for someone who just wants to text/email, but we will have to see how the market will respond.
Next Story: Vudu To Go offers offline movies
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-01-21: Facebook News Feed Favors Friends & Pages Vs. Memes
- 2013-03-01: Facebook Tests New Timeline Designs, 'Like Page' Button
- 2011-09-08: Motorola EX225 Facebook phone pictured
- 2011-07-19: Google+ ads on Facebook banned
- 2010-09-10: Facebook Patents New Social CAPTCHA System