It looks like Verizon will be eschewing its regular Thursday release date in favor of Friday for its upcoming powerhouse phone. According to the latest promo video for the Motorola DROID RAZR that Verizon has posted online, the phone’s previously reported release date 10th has been pushed back one day to the 11th of November instead. Probably a move to take advantage of the memorable 11/11/11 date, they will also be putting the phone on sale at 11:11AM. Talk about an overuse of the number one! But then again, a date like this won’t be happening again in most of our lifetimes so I guess it makes sense to capitalize on it.
While most people will be annoyed at having to wait an extra day for the phone, a one day delay isn’t too bad. Anybody picking up the device when it does on sale next week? Be sure to check out our hands on preview of the device if you haven’t yet.
Next Story: Hajj goes live at YouTube
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2012-03-28: Verizon DROID RAZR gets a DIY RAZR MAXX conversion kit
- 2012-01-25: Motorola video pokes fun at Siri
- 2012-01-24: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX confirmed for January 26th
- 2011-11-01: Motorola DROID RAZR shown off on video
- 2011-10-17: Motorola DROID RAZR revealed early