So it’s your break time during office hours, and instead of heading to the break room and just lounging about, or gossiping by the water cooler, how about gathering around a huge tablet instead and playing a couple of games with your colleagues? While we’re sure that’s not what NEC had intended with the X-info table, it certainly has that potential.
NEC has recently announced the X-info table, which is more like a tablet than a table, although it’s a pretty huge one at that, putting it at 52”. The tablet will run on an Intel Core i7 processor with Windows 7 as its choice of platform. It will feature 6GB of memory and will come with a set of speakers, three USB ports, WiFi connectivity with sub display support (up to four screens at the same time), and will come with a scanning function as well.
Based on the photo above it seems to suggest that there will some sort of mirroring support for external displays, tablets and smartphones as well. NEC’s X-info table is expected to go on sale in Japan starting from February of 2012 with an “open price model”.
- 2013-11-14: NEC PaPeRo Petit Announced
- 2013-11-12: NEC Develops Cameraless Monitoring System
- 2013-10-02: NEC NeoFace Face Recognition Technology
- 2013-09-30: NEC Portable DNA Analyzer aims for 30 minute identification window
- 2013-08-01: NEC Quits Making Smartphones, Maintains Tablet Market
- 2012-03-22: NEC VersaPro VZ Windows 7 tablet
- 2011-12-13: Toshiba unveils WT301/D Windows 7 tablet for Japan
- 2011-12-02: NEC announced waterproof Medias PP N-01D Android smartphone
- 2011-10-21: OCOSMOS OSC9 tablet up for pre-order
- 2011-09-20: NEC launches ShieldPRO N22G rugged PC