There are whispers going around that Apple might make a move for the TV market, even though their Apple TV is not on the long list of their “successes”, but here we are with more speculation on what could possibly be. Those who are adept at digital forensics tout that the newly-released iOS 5.1 beta holds the clue to a next generation Apple TV, where it has already been coined as the “J33” – an internal codename given by Apple. It goes without saying that whenever a product ends up nearer to the production line, it will be slapped with a codename in iOS. History has repeated itself so far with the iPhone 4S being called the N94, while the first generation iPad is known as the K48.
Prior to the Apple TV’s new J33 codename, the device was just assigned a simple “3,1” identifier in the iOS SDK. This will be the second device from Apple that will be on the receiving end of the “J” series label, with the iPad 2′s codename being called the “J2”. Do you think this top secret device will be controlled by Siri as well, or could it be an A5-equipped refresh that will sport Full HD video playback capability?
Next Story: Gumby-like robot moves around in style
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court