The name of a new Nokia phone has surfaced from the stats of an app called “I’m a WP7!” which has been used to discover certain Windows Phones in the past. But other than the name of the phone “Nokia Champagne” and its operating system, we don’t have a whole lot of details to work with. It could be the Nokia Lumia rebranded for another country or it could be a brand new device.
However, because the phone is running on Windows Phone version 7.10.8711 which makes it a Tango device (since Tango builds are said to start at 8200 and higher). And since it is running on Windows Phone Tango, there have been speculations about the phone being the Lumia 800 with LTE support (Tango is supposed to be the first version of WP that supports LTE connectivity).
Well until Nokia officially announces the phone, or more details leak, you’d best not hold your breath waiting for this device, since there’s no way to confirm if it’s even going to be released – at least not just yet. What do you think the Nokia Champagne is going to be?
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2011-12-08: Nokia and T-Mobile event on December 14th
- 2011-11-16: New Nokia Windows Phone render leaked on video
- 2011-11-15: Nokia and deadmau5 to illuminate London for Windows Phone
- 2011-11-01: Nokia Lumia 800 no longer has Dolby Digital Plus?
- 2011-11-01: Nokia Maps will be arriving on other Windows Phones