Panasonic has just expanded their collection of Micro Four Thirds digital cameras to include their latest release, the Panasonic Lumix GX1. Yes, this is slightly different from the GF-range, but it will still be able to play nice with 14 different kinds of Panasonic lenses just in case you want to get creative in your photography without the bulk of a DSLR. The spanking new Lumix GX1 will come with a 16.01-megapixel Live MOS sensor as well as Venus Engine, making sure the photos you shoot will be as real-to-life as possible.
Some of the features include a maximum of 12800 high ISO sensitivity, Contrast AF in its focus system that lets the image sensor work on the focus, a 3″ touchscreen LCD display for easy frame composition, ultra high-speed Light Speed AF that delivers Auto Focus in around 0.09 second – talk about fast! Not only that, you get 23 autofocus areas and Pinpoint AF for extremely precise focus setting.
Shooting photos are not the only thing the Panasonic Lumix GX1 does well – it can also record Full HD video in the AVCHD format. You will be able to pick up the Panasonic Lumix GX1 for $699.99 a pop for the body only in black or silver shades this December, although there are other options that bundle a lens inside that will start from $799.99 and going all the way to $949.99. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2011-06-13: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 debuts
- 2010-12-22: Panasonic Lumix GH2 Now Shipping to U.S. Residents
- 2010-07-27: Panasonic offers first interchangeable 3D lens
- 2010-11-03: Panasonic Lumix GF2 seen in Paris on event poster
- 2010-12-14: Panasonic Lumix GH2 offers new movie making experience