It looks like you won’t have to use a third party app from the Apple App Store just to get panorama capabilities on your iPhone. Some jailbreakers have discovered a way to enable Apple’s iOS 5 Panorama feature which lets users snap panoramic images with their iOS devices. As usual you’ll need a jailbroken iPhone/iPod touch/iPad, and then you’ll need to perform a few simple steps to give you the option to turn on Panorama mode when taking a photograph.
At the moment the feature is very basic, with an uninteresting user interface and minimal options – however, it still gets the job done. No idea when Apple will be done with testing and pushing it out to the world, but in the meantime if you’re interested and you have a jailbroken iOS 5 device, head here for instructions.
- 2012-09-20: Google says iOS Google Maps in App Store hopefully "before Christmas"
- 2012-02-15: Siri does Japanese language now?
- 2012-01-18: Whited00r installs iOS 5 on original iPhone, 3G, and iPod touch without jailbreak
- 2012-01-17: iOS 5.1 Beta 3 code makes references to iPad 3 and Facebook
- 2011-12-27: iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released
- 2011-10-12: Twitter fully integrated into iOS 5
- 2011-07-25: iOS 5 has face detection API for developers
- 2011-07-23: Apple seeds iOS 5 beta 4 as an OTA update
- 2011-05-27: iOS 5 rumored to have improved notification system and widget support
- 2011-03-08: iOS 5 arriving in April?