The purported Blackberry London BBX device was leaked not too long ago. If we are to believe the photo, it seems that RIM is headed in a new direction with a full touch screen device that’s appears to follow in the footsteps of the iPhone and Android smartphones. So what will become of RIM’s trademark keyboard phones? Well, Engadget reached out to one of their contacts in RIM and it seems that the company will still be producing keyboard phones.
The reply by their contact also left quite a bit to the imagination, as it was mentioned that RIM will maintain choice within its product portfolio. What does that mean? Could we be looking at phones by RIM that are still running on Blackberry OS along with BBX-based phones? Or could we be looking at keyboard phones that will run on BBX instead?
One of the main criticisms that RIM has faced in the past is the design of their phones, which some felt were outdated compared to the monster 4”-4.5” displays that we are starting to see on smartphones these days. So what will it be? New BBX smartphone while continue churning out Blackberry OS keyboard phones? We guess only time will tell.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: bbx, blackberry, blackberry os, qwerty keyboard, RIM,
- Seen at: engadget