Remember the supposed leaked device from RIM we saw a while back? Well back then it was rumored to be called the Blackberry London, but now it seems that the “London” moniker will no longer be sticking around. Instead the device will be renamed to the Blackberry Surfboard, name that RIM has trademarked way back in July of 2010.
Now for those wondering, the Blackberry London/Surfboard is rumored to be RIM’s new BBX device. As you can tell from the photos, it looks nothing like what RIM has designed in the past, assuming of course the photo is for real. The Surfboard moniker as odd as it might sound for a smartphone may not be so far fetched.
Before the Playbook tablet was released, there were rumors that suggested it would be called the Surfbook, another trademark filed back RIM back in 2010, so for RIM to suggest the Surfboard name for their upcoming BBX smartphone wouldn’t be out of the question. Hopefully the Surfboard moniker is just a codename and will change to something a little less frivolous upon release.RELATED
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- Samsung SM-G900F Shows Up In Shipping Manifest
- Samsung Galaxy F Series Is In The Works: Eldar Murtazin
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Samsung Expected To Unveil Up To 5 Devices In Q1 2014 [Rumor]
- Follow: bbx, blackberry, london, RIM,
- Seen at: blackberryos