Just yesterday Digitimes reported that according to their sources, Apple was reportedly cutting down on the production of the iPhone 4S due to sales not being what they had originally imagined it to be. This is a bit hard to believe considering that the iPhone 4S had shattered the sales record of the iPhone 4 by nearly double, although to be honest we’re guessing that there were plenty of users out there who may have been disappointed by the lack of a redesign.
Perhaps in an effort to debunk the report by Digitimes, Benedict Evans, an analyst with Enders Analysis in London has attempted to correlate the number of iPhone 4S sales with the number of monthly active users on Facebook, as pictured in the graph above. As you can see, the number of active Facebook iPhone users saw a sharp increase somewhere between the 4th of October and the 24th of October, and appears to be on the rise.
These dates are also when the iPhone 4S was first announced and when it was launched in the first batch of markets. We know that this is in no way an accurate indication of the sales of the iPhone 4S, especially since the iPhone 3GS became a free handset on contract, along with the introduction of a more affordable 8GB iPhone 4. Both of these factors could have attributed to the increase of Facebook iPhone users.
What do you guys think? Are you starting to notice more people around you adopting the iPhone 4S, or are your iOS friends still sticking it out with their iPhone 4 instead?
Next Story: Art of Touch showcases portable touch mouse
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2013-02-20: Website Used To Hack Apple And Facebook Found
- 2013-02-03: iPhone 4S Spontaneously Combusts, Claims Woman, Apple Turns A Blind Eye
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]
- 2012-07-05: iPhone 4S mod adds built-in wireless charging
- 2012-04-02: Facebook for iPad is Retina Display friendly