Word on the street has it that Cupertino is currently working hard on the iPad 3, and while I am sure that they are gonna sell zillions of units as well in the same vein as its predecessors, Apple continues the legacy of Steve Jobs by being in control with whispers of the company taking control of iPad 2 supplies so that they can reduce excess inventory. It seems that the total number of displays manufactured by its suppliers, Samsung, LG Display, and Chimei Innolux during Q4 2011 will be reduced – so that iPad shipments are lowered in the process.
Once most of the iPad 2 stocks are sold with very few left, the time would be ripe for an iPad 3 tablet to be unleashed upon the masses. Well, bear in mind that this is but a rumor at press time, so there is still a long way to go before this rumor is substantiated as truth. As with all the other rumors, only time will tell, so sit tight and be patient as we see what else Apple does as the future unfolds.
Next Story: New Sharp Galapagos tablet priced at $780
- 2014-01-16 Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09 iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17 Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11 Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08 Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2012-03-06 AT&T and Verizon teases something “Exciting” On website
- 2012-03-06 iPad 3 to change 4G game?
- 2012-02-29 Rumor: 8GB iPad 2 to launch
- 2012-02-28 iPad 3 concept video from Aatma Studio
- 2012-02-28 iPad 3 might be more expensive than the iPad 2