There’s some new rumors going around and if they are to be believed, we’ll be seeing some changes to the bodies of Apple’s upcoming iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro. The folks over at iLounge were tipped off by a “reliable source” and here’s what he/she had to say:
The third generation iPad will have a thicker body (0.7mm) to accommodate the twin light bar system that is required for its higher-resolution display. The iPad (3?) is also said to be on track for a March timeframe release and could even be shown off as early as January, depending on conditions.
The next iPhone is said to not have the teardrop-shaped body previously leaked, but it will have a 4″ display and will be 8mm longer than before with a metal (most likely to be aluminum) body. It is said to be introduced in summer next year and is still in the engineering phase, not early production. Apparently poor battery life was the reason for the doom of the previous prototype version and the next generation iPhone is built with LTE-ready battery drain in mind.
Lastly, the new MacBook Pro is said to be introduced in 2012 and if there aren’t any huge or unexpected issues, it will sport a thinner design.
Since there’s no way to verify these rumors at this point in time, we’ll take them with a pinch of salt though these speculated changes seem like a natural progression for the devices to go through anyway. What do you think of a thicker iPad with a higher resolution display?
Next Story: Google+ now has trending topics
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2012-02-13: Sharp-made Retina Display to be in iPad 3?
- 2012-01-25: iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-11-15: LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-03-28: Apple Worldwide Developers Conference registration open