You know, I would have thought that a handset with the word “Epic” inside would definitely be of, obviously, epic proportions in terms of hardware and software specifications. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint that has been limping around in Android 2.2 Froyo for the longest time already. Nice to know that Sprint has just announced the availability of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the Samsung Epic 4G today.
This particular update will be made available to all qualified owners via an over-the-air (OTA) maintenance release from today onwards, so if you hold an Epic 4G in your hands but have yet to see the update arrive, patience is the keyword here. I would recommend making sure you have the Epic 4G on a full battery, since it will take some time to download the update, not to mention a few more minutes for the installation process to be completed.
You might want to check out the forum just in case you run into some epic installation troubles on your, er, Epic 4G.
Next Story: Acer Iconia Tab A200 hits the FCC
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2011-09-25: Samsung Galaxy S2 gets Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread ROM leaked
- 2011-09-02: Android4Autism donates first device to McKay family
- 2011-07-27: Mystery Samsung Android device packs a WXGA screen
- 2011-07-24: Samsung slider for Boost Mobile spotted in the wild
- 2011-07-05: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread update