If you own T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S 4G and you’re still waiting for the official update to Gingerbread, we’ve got some good news for you. The update for the phone is finally available for your phone. T-Mobile has announced that the update for the Galaxy S 4G will finally get the long awaited Android 2.3 update. The update won’t be pushed out over the air, and users will need to update their phones via Kies (Samsung’s desktop client for its Android phones).
In addition to Gingerbread, the update includes a Google security patch, camera enhancements, and WiFi enhancements. As usual, back up your phone before attempting any upgrades, and even better – wait a few days to see if anybody experiences any issues with the upgrade (seems to be the trend these days). As for those of you who have already received the update – let us know how the upgrade went in the comments below.
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Innovation Museum Opens In South Korea
- 2014-04-21: Slew Of Samsung Devices Appear On Zauba, QHD Model One Of Them
- 2014-04-20: Samsung.com Down Because Of Samsung Building Fire
- 2012-07-06: T-Mobile Galaxy Note spotted again
- 2011-11-22: T-Mobile to launch white Samsung Galaxy S2 hopefully in time for a white Christmas
- 2011-06-02: Samsung Exhibit 4G officially announced for T-Mobile
- 2011-05-17: Samsung "Hercules" to arrive on T-Mobile
- 2011-05-16: T-Mobile blocking 3G video calls over Gtalk on Nexus S