This one was a given, but we can’t help but love it when it has been officially confirmed. The Samsung Galaxy S2 has been officially confirmed by Samsung UK to receive the Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update, although there was no dates mentioned, apart from the promise that they will keep us posted.
We had previously reported on a rumored list of devices that were scheduled to receive the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update, and the Samsung Galaxy S2 was among them. We’re not sure about the fate of the other devices, but then again the devices listed are some of Samsung’s latest products, so it’s not a stretch to imagine that they would be eligible for the update as well.
For now Samsung Galaxy S2 can relax knowing that they will not have to root their devices and resort to a custom ROM to get a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich!RELATED
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Samsung Prepares SM-W750V Windows Phone 8 Smartphone Release For 2014
- Oppo Find 7 Could Feature 5.7" 2K Display With Snapdragon 805 Chipset [Rumor]
- Follow: Android, galaxy s2, ice cream sandwich 4.0, Samsung, twitter, update,
- Seen at: twitter