This one was a given, but we can’t help but love it when it has been officially confirmed. The Samsung Galaxy S2 has been officially confirmed by Samsung UK to receive the Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update, although there was no dates mentioned, apart from the promise that they will keep us posted.
We had previously reported on a rumored list of devices that were scheduled to receive the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update, and the Samsung Galaxy S2 was among them. We’re not sure about the fate of the other devices, but then again the devices listed are some of Samsung’s latest products, so it’s not a stretch to imagine that they would be eligible for the update as well.
For now Samsung Galaxy S2 can relax knowing that they will not have to root their devices and resort to a custom ROM to get a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich!
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2013-04-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100P, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Start To Receive Android Jelly Bean
- 2012-07-20: Galaxy S3 to get Jelly Bean soon, Galaxy S2 in testing?
- 2011-10-31: Samsung Galaxy S receives Ice Cream Sandwich port
- 2011-10-13: Firmware update for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 leaked
- 2011-10-10: Larger icons arriving on Korean Galaxy S2 phones