A couple of weeks ago the Samsung Illusion popped up in Verizon’s infocenter, and now Big Red has officially announced the phone to the public. Arriving in time for Thanksgiving, this Android device is targeted at the budget-minded folk looking to pick up a smartphone. The Samsung Illusion packs a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird SoC (found on the original Galaxy S), a 3.5″ (480 x 320) display, 3.0-megapixel camera, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 2GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot.
The phone is also touted to be green, featuring an Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Platinum Rating, rear casing and battery covers made from 70% post-consumer material, while 35% of the front casing is post-consumer material. The phone’s packaging is also made from bleach-free paper and printed with vegetable ink. Talk about green inside and outside!
The Samsung Illusion will be available online tomorrow for $79.99 with a 2-year agreement, but it will be free with a 2-year contract from November 24th until November 28th as part of a promotion. Anybody planning to pick up this phone?
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-04-04: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Up For Pre-Order
- 2014-04-04: Samsung ATIV SE Up For Pre-Order From Verizon