According to a new report by Digitimes, it seems that Apple may be gearing up for production of the iPad 3 as display manufacturers Samsung and Sharp have already started ship the display panels required for the tablet. No word on what happened to Apple’s other display manufacturers LG Display and Chimei Innolux, but for now it appears that only Samsung and Sharp are in the picture.
The iPad 3 is expected to make its debut in Q1 of 2012, much like its predecessors who have been launched around the same time. Assuming there are no hiccups with the iPad 3, there’s no reason why Apple will be putting their yearly refresh on hold. Could it be that this is why production of the iPad 2 has been cut back due to the production of the iPad 3?
Either way, if these rumors are to be believed, it looks like the production of the iPad 3 has started. However for those new to the Apple rumor mill, the Cupertino-based company is notorious for keeping their secrets, and that rumors about Apple products are generally a hit and miss scenario, so we suggest that you should take this latest piece of rumor with a grain of salt for now.
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]