Samsung announced its new WiFi camera at CES Unveiled. The Samsung WiFi camera can be used for surveillance or as a baby monitor. Samsung claims that the set up is super easy unlike other surveillance solutions, with only one push on the Wi-Fi (WPS) button on the device and router and it will be connected in under 30 seconds.
Then, after registering your name, password and camera on the dedicated website, you will be able to watch what the camera is capturing on any smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC that are connected to the internet.
According to the Samsung representative I talked to at the event, when the camera detects a motion, it records the event to your YouTube account in private mode or personal Samsung cloud and send you an alert message.
Samsung did not provide any information about price and availability.
Next Story: Asus Transformer Prime: Preview
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-01-05: Samsung SmartCam HD Outdoor WiFi Camera
- 2014-01-02: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2
- 2013-04-11: Samsung NX1100 SMART Camera Announced
- 2012-09-14: Samsung works on 13-megapixel camera sensors for mobile devices
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets